Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My journey to Motherhood began on September 25, 2009, the day I found out I was pregnant. I was scared at first, overwhelmed. I didn't have complete faith in myself in my capabilities to Mother. Those feelings were quickly fleeting as I dove into pregnancy books, researching all the do's and don't and preparing for my precious gift. I can remember like it was yesterday, rubbing my big ripe belly talking to my unborn daughter as I watched her move within me. I was shocked at the love I had for a person I had never met, dreaming of her face, her laugh and touch. The last week of my pregnancy I cried everyday, longing to hold her in my arms, to look into her eyes, to smell her soft skin. June 15th, 2009 that day came. The first time I laid eyes on her I felt God, in that instant I no longer lived for myself... I took each breath for her. We were made for each other, he gave me these arms to hold her, feed her, teach her. 


'Yes. It is true. I was created in you, It is also true that you were created for me. I own your voice. It was shaped and tuned to sooth me. Your arms were molded into a cradle to hold me, to rock me. The scent of your body was the air perfumed for me to breathe." -Maya Angelou




Watching her grow has been the greatest gift in my life. I love Bella not just for the joy that she is, but for the person she makes me. If I am remembered for one thing, let that be as a Mother.


Happy Mother's Day!   

13 comments:

beingzaraandzidan said...

U have written all so well! Being a mother is the best thing in the world, Thanx to our kids who make us feel so important. Happy Mothers day!

Juliana said...

Happy Mommy's Day! Bella is so adorable. I am now following you!!!

Natalie said...

That.was.so.so.so.sweet! No seriously, I started tearing up just reading it!! Tuck this away as one of my favorite posts!

bbcd mama said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!

alicia said...

Sweet video and Happy Mother's Day!

~*Nomie*~ said...

VERY good post!

I have a Sunshine Award for you! Please pick it up at my website http://nomieecoware.blogspot.com.

Happy 1st Mother's Day!

the mombshell said...

such a beautiful post!

The Mayor! said...

So lovely hun! Happy Mother's Day, hope it was as wonderful as you are!!

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

Hope you had an amazing Mother's Day gorgeous lady!

Eli's Lids said...

That Maya Angelou quote is awesome!!
I didn't feel that love right away for either of my babies though... it came later when I got to know them... odd! Maybe in 7 weeks when I have #3 it will be different!
Just blog hopping around :)
http://elislids.blogspot.com/2010/05/momday-morning.html

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

erin said...

well said and happy mother's day!

Laina said...

Hi there. I wanted to check out your blog after I read a comment you left on another blog that I follow. I love your blog! I am a Navy wife and SAHM to a 21 month old daughter, so I can relate to the rollercoaster life that that entails. I will continue to check your blog for new updates and posts :) Thanks for sharing :)
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment